The Cortes Forestry General Partnership (CFGP) is an equal partnership between the Klahoose Forestry N0 2 Limited Partnership (KF2LP) and the Cortes Community Forest Cooperative (CCFC) committed to building a resilient and vibrant world-class community-based forestry operation on Cortes Island.
The CFGP exists to be a successful forestry business known for the quality of its timber and its eco-system based forest stewardship.
The CFGP values:
- long term sustainability of the forest ecosystem;
- financial viability of the community forest (CF) undertaking;
- the balancing of the community’s economic and social objectives with forest sustainability;
- the management of recreational trails and forest roads in consultation with recreational user groups and the community;
- identification and appropriate management of important natural features and their surroundings;
- identification and special management of environmentally sensitive areas;
- timber harvesting and entrepreneurship that invests in value-added manufacturing;
- biodiversity, hydrological functions, wildlife habitat, recreational and visual quality;
- non-timber resources for tourism and recreation;
- innovation in all aspects of CFA management;
- the promoting of safe work practices;